Sunday, October 7, 2007

October's off to a wonderful start

Finally my day job is slowing down and I'm so happy about that. I've got about three writing projects going and I'd like to finish at least one of them, polish it, and submit it somewhere before the year's end. lol

I got my final copies of Sofia's Lobo sent to Red Sage. I'm still so excited about having a release with them that I don't know what to do with myself. As soon as I have news on it, I'll post it here.

In the meantime it's high sports season here and I had some friends over this afternoon to watch baseball. I'm not a big fan of it, it moves incredibly slow sometimes, but we had a great time. I made an appetizer for my friends you might like to try. Let me know if you do try it and what you thought.

Mexican Stuffed Mushrooms

Ingredients
1 can dced green chilies
1 can tomato sauce
1 garlic clove, minced
1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
1/4 lb jalapeno/jack cheese,
12 lg mushrooms
2 cup unseasoned stuffing mix
2 ts salad oil
3/4 ts chili powder
3/4 ts ground cumin

Remove mushroom stems and trim, and finely chop stems. In a medium frying pan over medium heat, combine stems, onions, garlic, cumin, chili powder, and 1/4 cup water. Stir frequently until vegetables begin to brown. Add 2 tablespoons water, scraping the pan, and repeat. Add tomato sauce, chilies, and 1/2 the cheese. Remove from heat and gently stir in stuffing. Rub mushrooms with oil. Set cup side up in a 9x13" pan. Mound all the filling into caps. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake in a 400F. oven until cheese is lightly browned, 15-20 minutes. Makes 6-8 servings

Oh, I wrote about 3300 words this week. Not bad.

Buenos Noches!

Lauren

No comments: